Senior BI Developer
- Company: Bestway Consultancy Services
- Location: ISLAMABAD
- Department: Information Technology
This position will be responsible for the presentation of BI at all levels throughout the business. Meeting with stakeholders to understand analytics requirements and deliver tailored solutions. Review current processes and systems to improve business intelligence reporting.
- Design, build and manage Power BI content (dashboards, models, reports).
- Onboarding new stakeholders and teams, shaping
Power BI training to boost self-serve capabilities across the business.
- Understand data across the business and recommend changes to continuously improve process and systems.
- Ensure reporting is delivered to stakeholders within agreed timescales.
- Use data mining and analysis that look to instigate process improvements and/or generate revenue.
- Identify customer reporting requirements, agree realistic timescales and communicate updates to meet their expectation.
- Maintain high standards of data quality and integrity within the BI Reporting environment.
- Actively investigate and monitor new data sources and reporting methods as they become available.
- Design, build and maintain reporting solutions using SQL, Power BI and other tools, as required.
- Gather and translate data requirements from stakeholders into reporting solutions.
- Manage small to medium size projects with guidance as required.
- Manage own time efficiently to ensure that deadlines on multiple tasks/initiatives are met.
- Monitor and maintain all automated scheduled activity to help deliver a high reporting service level.
- Develop, embrace and embed best practice ways of working, continuously improving processes and ensuring new approaches are adopted by the team for improved efficiencies.
Experience and Qualification
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science/IT.
- 05 years of relevant experience.
- Strong Power BI – creation of reports, dashboards. Designing & implementing data models.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, able to tackle issues and propose/deliver solutions.
- Positive team player.
- Good communication skills with an ability to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Keen to investigate & learning new technologies, enthusiastic and curious in your approach to seeking solutions.
- Able to work collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Curious, with a strong desire to develop knowledge & skills.
- Good business acumen/ Customer Focus.