- Company: Bestway Consultancy Services
- Location: ISLAMABAD
- Department: Information Technology
This position is responsible for creating blueprints for desired future state data architecture, including standards for current and new data systems and how these should interact.
- Design data models and metadata systems that help to interpret business needs.
- Provide oversight and advice to others in the design of data models and support the management of data dictionaries.
- Set the standards and ensure that teams are working to those standards in agreement with both the Data & Analytics Manager and Senior Solutions Architect.
- Work with other technical architects to make sure that an organisation systems are designed in accordance with the appropriate data architecture in mind.
- Provide advice to project teams and oversee the management of the full data product life cycle.
- Evolve and define data governance. Integrate data services to meet the needs of multiple business services. Work proactively to ensure the organisation designs architecture that considers data.
- Understand the impact of emerging trends in data tools, analysis techniques and data usage.
- Understand the concepts and principles of data modelling and produce relevant data models across multiple subject areas. Familiar with industry recognised data modelling patterns and standards, knowing when to apply them.
- Assess current data systems to gauge how effectively they drive business processes.
- Design data architecture by dealing with problems that span different business areas. Draw links between problems to reach common solutions.
Experience and Qualification
- Bachelors / Masters in Computer sciences / Engineering / IT.
- 6 to 8 years of experience in data modelling, data analytics and database design.
in Microsoft SQL database architecture, logical and physical design.
- Knowledge of database related tech: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Agent, SSIS & SSRS.
- Awareness of machine learning, big data, text extraction and AI concepts.
- Experience in leading complex projects and working with business partners.
- Working within a strategic context and communicate how activities meet strategic goals.
- Ability to think outside the box and challenge existing processes and practices.
self-starter, with strong attention to detail.
- Good collaboration and team ethic skills.
- Good business acumen/Customer focus.
- Strong stakeholder management.