Sr. Executive/Assistant Manager Internal Audit
- Company: Bestway Cement Limited
- Location: Islamabad
- Department: Internal Audit
Contribute to the internal audit function by identifying risks associated with business objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks, in order to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
- Participate in opening meetings with auditee to explain the scope and objectives of the audit engagement and provide an overview of the audit process.
- Develop a thorough understanding of business processes in scope for assigned audits and document the processes in flowcharts and/or process narratives. Identify and document inherent risks and controls within the business processes.
- Develop a risk based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and defined internal audit methodology.
- Perform audit tests and prepare working papers.
- Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives. Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings.
- Propose practical and value added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies.
- Organize and reference work papers for review by Manager Internal Audit.
- Participate in closing meetings with auditee at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues.
- Assist in the preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the department and senior management.
- Assists in the development of the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Support in the development and implementation of the evolving IA methodology.
- Contribute to the safeguarding of corporate assets and the interests of members by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Engage in consulting services through participation in projects designed to introduce new and/or changing processes, products or facilities and provide value added recommendations.
- Develop and maintain effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization.
- Conduct investigations of suspected internal fraud.
- Provide consultative support to departments with regard to the adequate design and execution of risk management processes.
- Collect, coordinate and disseminate material for the quarterly Audit Committee meeting.
- Any other duty assigned by the management.
Experience and Qualification
- CA Finalist / ACCA member / CIA.
- 02 to 04 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of professional IIA performance standards with regarding to planning, testing, sampling and documentation.
interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively
(both written and verbal).
- Capable of
working independently with minimum supervision.
- Logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues and problem solving.
- Displays awareness of the need for confidentially in sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated job commitment and personal flexibility to meet changing expectations.
- Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge.