SAP ABAP Developer
- Location: ISLAMABAD
- Department: Information Technology
Design, develop, test, and implement RICEF objects in SAP and enhance and support ABAP programs which effectively meet business requirements.
- Manage various aspects of software development cycle such as planning, coding, testing implementation, and provide support for various SAP modules with the help of the ABAP programming language as per the requirements of end user.
- Consult with business unit managers and end users to identify and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage, formatting and security requirements.
- Ensure co-ordination with stakeholders to understand the requirements and seek clarity on every minute detail in order to provide the best possible solution.
- Ensure a consistent experience to various users, working on specific SAP modules such as SAP FICO, MM, PP, QM, SD and HR etc.
- Write the code using ABAP programming language on the basis of the blueprint provided by the end users and performing regular tests on the usability of the code.
- Ensure all programs are completed as per the end user’s guidelines and allocate appropriate resources to meet delivery schedules and project timelines.
- Provide support and lead change in ABAP development practices and processes.
- Facilitate the implementation of testing frameworks and methodologies.
- Provide training and technical support to the end users, for troubleshooting guidelines and modifications.
- Ensure that standard out of the box SAP capabilities are implemented over custom development.
- Tailor the system to business needs, when standard functionality does not apply.
- Ensure problems with supported applications are resolved quickly and root causes are addressed.
- Respond to and resolve system failures and performance issues.
- Prepare design documents and other technical documentation to support the business applications.
- Any other job assigned by the management.
Experience and Qualification
- BS (Hons)/Masters degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in SAP ABAP development.
- Extensive prior experience of ABAP object oriented programming and SAP modules.
- Certification of SAP ABAP programming from a certified SAP training institute.
- Knowledge about other programming languages is a plus.
- An ongoing thirst for new knowledge and ideas, and a desire to share.
- Ability to be innovative and seek new approaches to old problems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working conditions mostly indoor, occasional travelling to other business units as and when required.
- Abide by safety & security policy.